Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Coffee shop

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chili, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    hey all, can anyone help me out with the end solo? I mainly need help on where hes hitting the high A, but i cant seem to get it to sound the way he does, i dunno if i'm putting the bends in the write place or what, but if anybody out there who can play it and is happy with the way they've figured it out could they post a tab or a recording of themselves playing it plz?? i would really apprisiate it

Chili

2. Theres a pretty good tab in the tab archive, check it out, it might help u. I'v never tried to play it so i'm not sure if its right tho, sorry. Defintly a wickd song, Flea going nuts, i luv it!

3. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    yeah, its the same tab as whats in mxtabs, some of its not quite right but its more or less, but i've managed to listen to most of it and change it to what i think its sounds more like, apart from the bew bew bew bew bew bew bit, if u no what i mean lol, i cant get that to sound like he does

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    "sound"?

Well, if you are talking about sound versus actual notes, he's using some overdrive and he is digging in really really hard.

5. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    he uses some overdrive, now i didnt no that, on the high A's when it sound slike he spoping them, but i think hes just plucking them hard, but i cant seem to bend the note the right way to get the sound hes gettin, on the tab it says u bend it every time u hit it but that doesnt work, i've got it pretty close but not close enough

6. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    can someone send me a recording of them playing it plz? or right me a tabs just for the part i'm talkin about?

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    have you considered using transcribe?

8. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    what is it?

9. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Try plucking really hard near the neck, that's how you get that aggressive sound that sounds as if you're popping the strings.

10. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    yeah, i think i more or less have it now, its just i dont think my bends r sounding like hes doin it, i no it sounds weird, but it just doesnt sound quite like his

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, he kinda bends without melodic intent. Wanking if you will. But his popping sound is because his action is set really low, and he's really playing hard. That's the sound of the strings bouncing off the metal more or less.

12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It's a program that slows down the song, without changing the pitch. That way it is easier to distinguish fast played notes.

13. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    i have played it closer to the fretboard and that is deffintly the sound i'm wanting now, thx all for helping me out and giving me advice, and ill try out that transcribe thing aswell