1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Coffin Cases

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Apr 29, 2006.

1. hey there guys and gals, im thinkin about picking up a couple of these
    [​IMG]
    just wondering if anyone knows any pros or cons to em

2. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    i have one in black, (im actually looking to sell mine), i really like the look of the coffin case and i put a cool decal on it (american nightmare angel logo). one thing i don't like is that the case doesnt really have a compartment for your strap and stuff. i just used the exrta space around near the headstock for that though so it works out. also even though its a universal fit i dont think my fender jazz fit in there, i have to re-check it. you can tell that obvisously i don't use it really anymore haha. also i dont really like that its covered in tolex, i'd probably have gotten the like black plywood one with the metal edges instead. although the coffin case with tolex looks a lot better i think.

3. a jazz wont fit? i fit my spector in it, but never thought to check my p bass

4. emcf25

emcf25

Jun 11, 2005
    Brisbane Australia
    I live for cases and luggage it is kind of a wierd thing I have. I looked long and hard at these and hace come to the strong conclusion that roadies hate things that are odd shapes and rectangles with nothing protruding is a great way to go. Always gets your peeceous friend to and from safely and tends not to slide around. The lack of storage in the coffin is not so much a problem in professional land as there is always another bag full of stuff you need. but for garage /bedromm players it is nice to have a lead , strap and music book

Marty Punk basist since 1978

5. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah I have one for my Spector Legend. I don't really like the fact that there's a LOT of room about the headstock (although I'm sure I can put something up there). But otherwise I don't have any problems with it, other than it being longer than it needs to be, so there's less places it can fit in.

And come on! It's shaped like a coffin! I kept it in the corner of my room when I got it, and when I wake up that's what I see: a big eerie coffin. But hey, I'd say go ahead and get one if you can't get a fitted one. And if you're dealing with a Spector bass, then just get this one. Spector cases arn't very good, from what I hear.

6. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I have a gig bag from them. I like it, because hard cases are just really hard to travel around with. I don't have roadies, but I know first hand how annoying they can be.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I suppose that one of the cons is that it might raise a few eyebrows if you play any church gigs. But, what the heck, right? At least you'll be getting a white one. :D

8. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    My church just considers me the "dark" one :smug:

9. well, im not too worried about playing in churches, and im not worried about pissing rodies off ( i am my own roadie). but ive got 2 on order now, so it should be cool having a matching pair

10. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I have one for a Ric of mine, I have no problem but our guitar tech hates it 'cause it has a LOT of latches.