Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Coke C2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Has anybody tried this yet?

It's regular Coca~cola with half the sugar.

I like it. It tastes like Coke, just not as sweet.

And as someone who drinks a little too much soda, the lower sugar content is welcome. Diet soda is out; I can not stand the taste. I'd rather drink water.

So if you've tried it, I'd like to know what you think of it.

Mike :)

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm drinking one right now. I've kinda stopped drinking soda, but needed the caffiene this morning (I don't drink coffee). It's not bad. I actually like it better than coke and diet coke. The taste is more appealing in my opinion. People are saying coke will stop making it soon due to low sales, I hope not.

3. I think it tastes like sh*t. I prefer Diet still. It's either no sugar or all sugar. No halfsies !

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    QuakQuak,

Yeah if you like diet I don't see why you would step UP your sugar. It's targeted at people like me who don't really want all the sugar but who can't stand the diet aftertaste.

Anyway, I like C2 alright. It still has a very slight aftertaste but not nearly as pronounced as diet coke. It's sweetened with half sugar and half aspertame (aspertame is entirely used as the sweetener for diet coke).

It seems early for Coke to be considering already taking it off the market but they may be a bit cautious after the whole "New Coke" debacle.

brad cook

5. newbie16

newbie16

May 31, 2004
    N. VA
    debacle..

that's a great word. i'll add it to my list.

6. Aspartame...bad stuff, that.

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    If they are taking it off the market, it's their fault. It's not marketed very well. I don't even know what it is; I was assuming it was for those Atkins people. I like my carbs, so I hadn't tried it. I may check it out though, if it's just half the sugar like you say.

8. It's okay. But all those fake sugars are bad for you, so I'll take regular cola's. None of this half diet soda stuff.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I heard Coke has cocaine in it.

brad cook

10. Had*

It used to have cocaine in it, because it was used as a medicine way back in the day. And since it tasted good, they took out the drugs and made it a beverage for the non ill.

11. Same with Pepsi.

12. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    in the late 1800's coke was made with trace amounts of cocaine as well as cola nuts hence the name...i read that there was something like 1/2 ounce of cocaine in a years supply of soda and it was only kept in there because of the name

13. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Has anyone read any recent reports on aspertain? I saw one a couple of years ago that said it caused cancer in small lab rats... but I'm begining to think small lab rats are simply born w/ cancer. If anyone has seen anything on it recently, let me know.

14. I tried C2 and didn't like it. I thought it tasted like flat Coke.
    I'm really waiting for Coca-Cola C4. Now, that will be something!

15. ASPERTAME ??? :eek:

As Mon Rominee said it's bad stuff!!!

I didn't know this. Now, I'm not going to drink it anymore.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. :( :bawl:

Back to alternating water and Coke.

Mike :rollno:

16. :D

Yes Coke C4 will just BLOW UP the cola market. :p

That was a good one, Dave! :D

Mike ;)

17. Yup. Aspartame... Not good. Chemical nerve agent of sorts. But MMMMMMMMMM! Good.

18. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Coke C2=Pepsi Edge

Now it's the real test: Which one will fail faster?

19. Pepsi. I haven't see any advertising for it, yet I saw it once in a store.

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Uh ok all. I was joking about coke currently having cocaine in it but thanks for the history lessons which I'm sure we've all heard at least 10 times before this. I think I'm insulted though that you thought I believed that Coke currently has cocaine in it. :p

brad cook