Coke Employee fired for drinking Pepsi

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CKYBassist, Jun 14, 2003.

1. CKYBassist

Nov 28, 2002
  2. Wow. That is just rediculous. I'll bet Coke might lose some money over this, and they deserve it. Just a bad decision that someone made. I hope my job is more secure than that!:D

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Well, if he was drinking Pepsi while delivering Coke to a store... he is a paid employee and a representative for the company he works for after all. That's serious lack of judgment in my opinion. He could drink the Pepsi in his car instead. Firing him is over it is ridiculous though, and there is probably some other real reason behind it, as they imply in the article.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's nonsense, back in agoura I'd always see the taco bell employees eating at McDonalds, Mcdonald's employees eating at pizza hut, and pizza hut employees eating at taco bell.
  5. i dunno man, ..

heyyy! maybe this is his brother or something

6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    So, maybe they should simply swap employments? :D
  7. CKYBassist

Nov 28, 2002
    LOL that's a great pic.
  8. Does anyone remember that Christmas commercial that was on a few years ago?

It had this guy who drove a Pepsi truck and a guy who drove a Coke truck both enter the same diner. They sit at the counter alone, each orders his respective soda. Then, they scoot over next to each other, share baby pictures. Laugh, smile and genuinely have a good time! And all the waitresses are like "Oh it's so sweet!".
    Then they share each others soda, the Pepsi guy takes a sip of Coke and gives it back, and then the Coke guy does the same, but DOESN'T give it back! So they get into a bar fight and the Pepsi logo appears.

Seriously though, I would think, as a Coke(or Pepsi) employee, you'd get tired of their soda after a while.
  9. Didn't Britney Spears' Pepsi advert get pulled because she was photographed drinking Coke?

Or was it the other way round? I can never remember the difference between these drinks.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    In the states, I've found that Pepsi is generally sweeter than coke, while coke is best with pizza.

In europe they taste different for some reason, and I haven't decided whether or not I like them better here, or there.

at anyrate. I don't really drink much soda anymore. :p
  11. I don't drink either - they're both really bad for your throat, if you intend to sing at all. And my singing voice was bad enough without drinking them.

That said, Coke does mix with spirits (especially Morgans Spiced) much better than Pepsi. And I end up needing Irn Bru the morning after. But that's all the soda I drink.
  12. thats stupid...they should atleast be grateful it wasn't coke!*

I hate Coca-Cola...the taste is too sweet. Pepsi and Mountain Dew Own:D

13. i never liked either...i'm a dr. pepper kind of guy myself. :cool:

Anyone tried sprite remix? My opinion: its always true, the remix will never be as good as the original. And it usually sucks. But this drink is alright.
  14. Yknow it wouldnt surprise me if Coke owned Pepsi. Here coke owns everything from Fanta to Mountain Dew etc.

*shrugs* Unless it stated in his contract or some code of conduct that a employee is not allowed to use or drink a competitors product... then he'd have a case for compo i'm sure.

15. speaking of aussie slogans.. the Mars slogan is silly yet effective. "Earth.. what you'd eat if you were on Mars" hmm

16. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Mountain Dew is a Pepsi product. Coke and Pepsi aren't the same company.

I prefer Pepsi.
  17. that stuff is gross, it's like liquid candy.

i bet this guy who was fired could sign a lucrative contract for a pepsi television ad or two.
  18. Picnic. lol!

19. I'm not surprised that Coke from the states taste different from that in Europe, since even Swedish and British Coke don't taste the same. The British variety is sweeter, and better IMO. At least this was true last time I visited London, two or three years ago. Things might have changed since then, even though I doubt it.
    But then again, I might not be the best suited person to compare Coke tastes, since I hardly ever drink the stuff. Give me mineral water, or if it has to be a soft drink Orangina or a good Grape Tonic, any day. Can't stand that sweet, sugary stuff, the Coca Cola Company and Pepsi sell over here.

And about the yahoo-article; if the real reason for sacking the said employee was "nothing more than an attempt to get rid of a pro-union employee", as stated, I'm appaled.