1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cold Pizza for breakfast...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Perry, Mar 8, 2013.

Cold pizza for breakfast...

Poll closed Mar 18, 2013.
  1. Heaven in slice form

100 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. Icky

18 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. I'll stick to my carrot omelette and carrot juice chaser

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. In response to a Facebook post made by yours truly this AM, and subsequent bickering back and forth by others, I am curious what the general TB consensus is.

Cold pizza for breakfast. Yay or Nay??

2. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Yes, and Black Coffee in Bed!

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    YES!!!!!
    I love it and so do my kids. We order a second pizza just for breakfast the next morning.

4. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Worked at a pizza parlour in college. I lived off cold pizza at all hours of the day. I also used to toss a slice in a pan and fry some eggs with it. Probably very unhealthy but I survived.

5. Yup. When I ordered last night, I almost got a second one to assure leftovers in the morning! I only got one, but luckily there were two slices left this AM.

Breakfast of the gods, I tell ya! :bassist:

6. viper4000

viper4000

Aug 17, 2010
    Charlotte
    I mix it up. Sometimes cold, sometimes reheated. Both have their place in my heart. But I hate reheating in the microwave. Has to be in the oven.

Hate to admit I really want to try the fried egg pizza...

7. I was thinking the same thing. Haha

8. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Yay

9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Why have it cold when you can throw it in the oven for 3-5 minutes? Or the microwave for 30 seconds if you really can't wait?

10. Used to be a cold guy, still can, but with the advent of the nuke-o-wave, I have morphed into a warm guy.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I love cold pizza, but I don't get my panties in a bunch that my wife doesn't share my enjoyment of it. It just means there's more for me.

12. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Question: Do you leftover pizza guys (and gals) live near a unfranchised pizzeria that you get your pizza from, or are we just talking your run-of-the-mill Pizza Hut and Domino's stuff?

I guess I never got the hype. I've eaten cold pizza a thousand times, but it just never struck me as "WOW!"

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Count me as a fan.

I also really, really like breakfast pizza. The cafeteia in the hospital where I work has it once a week. So good!

-Mike

14. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Me either. To me, it just tastes like cold, soggy (if not wet) pizza. Definitely not a favorite to my taste buds.

15. I make a breakfast pizza loaded with egg, Canadian bacon, cheddar and spinach on a homemade shell. It's def. a favorite of mine!

16. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I'm a huge fan of cold breakfast pizza! As to those who don't understand it: if you're eating leftover Pizza Hut, you're doing it wrong (see corollary: if you're eating Pizza Hut ever, you're doing it wrong). Find some decent local pizza, have a nice dinner with it, and save a slice or two for breakfast. Don't know why it's so good, but it is :)

17. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Cold Pizza and Cold Fried Chicken!!!! Both are my favs

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with it! :hyper:

19. Really really depends on the pizza!

(though quite often, yes!)

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Crod? No thanks...

Exactly. I like throwing it in those counter top convection ovens for a minute or two. Ends up tasting like hot pizza delivery.