Colgate Country Showdown

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Perfect-Tommy, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Is anyone else competing in the Colgate Country Showdown? For those of you that don't know, it's a national contest that ends with a performance at Disneworld on national Television and a $100,000 prize. Past winners include Garth Brooks, LeAnn Rimes, Neal McCoy and I believe Alison Kraus and Union Station.

My band Almost Famous just got accepted into the local round of the competition. The funny thing is, the accepted applicants weren't supposed to be notified till June 30th. What they told my banjo player's mom, the person they contacted since he's only 14, was they opened up our packet first before everyone else's (not a choice, just by chance). Then listened to our submission CD, turned off the CD player, picked up the phone and called us. They told her "We have to have them in this competition." So, I'm feeling REALLY good tonight.

It's only a small little step, but a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

So is anyone else doing this competition? If so, tell us when and where! I would love to see someone else on the board be in the contest :) I know I'm not the only bassist on the board that is in the country or bluegrass scene.
  2. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    we're not innit, but we're not country....:)
    but good on you, bubba!
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  3. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I'm not in it either, but the lead singer in my band has competed as a soloist a number of times and finished THIRD overall at the finals held in January! She has photos of her with the other finalists and with Sara Evans (grrrrr!!!!) who was the host of the TV show on her website:

Best of luck and keep us informed of how you do!