Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Colin Greenwood

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by defhed2012, Aug 25, 2002.

1. defhed2012

defhed2012

Mar 24, 2001
    My other post got me thinking about how this guy never seems to get mentioned much around here. I love his playing and its a perfect example of moderation of playing to me. "Exit Music (For a Film)" has got to be one of my favorite bass lines ever. 2 and half minutes of just acoustic guitar and them BAM! What do you all think?

Peace

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah, i used to be a huge radiohead fan and i think his job is just right... nothing flashy but just enough groove as needed.

i think his best work (Bass wise) is on "the bends"...

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I also used to be a big Radiohead fan (faded with "Kid A", coming back a bit with "Amnesiac"), but I never thought of the bass work as anything special. Competent, but nothing special. I'm not sure if a different kind of player would be very "Radiohead", though - I mean, after all Colin's one of the fundamental influences in how Radiohead sounds... could surely be replaced, but only by a copycat.

4. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    i think colin was perfect for radiohead. he's not the flashiest player but he does the jod and does it well.

5. The Bends was truly a masterpiece, and Colin is an awesome groover. I love "Talk Show Host"!