1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Colin Greenwood

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by defhed2012, Aug 25, 2002.

1. defhed2012

defhed2012

Mar 24, 2001
    My other post got me thinking about how this guy never seems to get mentioned much around here. I love his playing and its a perfect example of moderation of playing to me. "Exit Music (For a Film)" has got to be one of my favorite bass lines ever. 2 and half minutes of just acoustic guitar and them BAM! What do you all think?

Peace

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah, i used to be a huge radiohead fan and i think his job is just right... nothing flashy but just enough groove as needed.

i think his best work (Bass wise) is on "the bends"...

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I also used to be a big Radiohead fan (faded with "Kid A", coming back a bit with "Amnesiac"), but I never thought of the bass work as anything special. Competent, but nothing special. I'm not sure if a different kind of player would be very "Radiohead", though - I mean, after all Colin's one of the fundamental influences in how Radiohead sounds... could surely be replaced, but only by a copycat.

4. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    i think colin was perfect for radiohead. he's not the flashiest player but he does the jod and does it well.

5. The Bends was truly a masterpiece, and Colin is an awesome groover. I love "Talk Show Host"!