College...let me count the ways

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by evilbob101, Jun 27, 2005.

1. It's very hard trying to find the right college to attend, even while you are currently attending one. I'm at Oklahoma State University at the moment and have decided to change majors (surprise, now I join the ranks of so many). Something along the lines of Sound Engineering and Music Recording and Production. Thing is, OSU doesn't carry degrees in either of those. We have a great music program, but it's just not all that I'm looking for. So, I have before me the dilemma of figuring out where I should go. I've searched several places...Belmont in Tennessee, the University of Colorado at Boulder, I'm just not sure where to go. Not sure how long to stay at OSU either, maybe I should get some sort of music degree there, and proceed to do Graduate work at a different location that associates itself with either of the afformentioned degrees.

Well guys, any suggestions?
  2. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Berklee has a sweet engineering program.
    Northeastern also has a good one.
    If you want a trade school approach there's Full Sail.
    Hartt School of Music has an engineering program, but it's not all that hot.

Those are the schools that come to mind for me.
  3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    If your interested in trade school type stuff check out the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences.

If you want a more traditional college you might want to look into Ball State University.
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    UMass: Lowell is supposed to have a good music recording school.
  5. clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    Full Sail is literally 2 minutes away from my house. They are one of the top for recording, production and all that jazz. I took a few tours to check it out, i decided against it just because my interests were elsewhere, but deff. check it out.