1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

College Major thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Visirale, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I searched and it has been a year or so since we've had one of these... Identify yourselves!

I was a music performance major but switched to a double in International Business and Economics. I'm looking forward to selling my soul to the finance world. Then hopefully I can make just enough to buy it back, retire, and enjoy life with my family and the people I love most... and some bass thrown in there too ;).

2. Music Education. :)

3. Electrical Engineering. I'm taking an economics class (unfortunately on Mondays from 7-10 pm :() consisting mainly of engineering students and he keeps telling us we should switch to major in economics because they make more money on average :meh:.

4. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Behavioral Neuroscience.

I'm not allowed to have a social life.

5. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Biological Science Pre-Dentistry. Thinking of just getting my MBA after. Or starting from scratch and going for mechanical engineering. Yep.... senior year is not a fun time to realize you dont want to do what you spent 3 years learning.

6. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Three years of physics/engineering in the late 80's then I quit to work full time. Never got the urge to go back.

7. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Physics w/ photonics.

8. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Electrical Engineering.

I can't fit anything else in my brain.

9. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    hmmm...let's see...

High School > (Berklee College of Music) Music Engineering (lasted two weeks and came back to FL) > (Community College) Associates in Chemistry > (University of Florida) Pre-Med Zoology and then switched to a Bachelor of Design, Architecture > (University of South Florida) Master of Architecture (still trying to get it done). Currently working in the architecture / construction business.

10. BA in Broadcasting (Speech minor)
    MA in Adult Education
    PhD in Adult Education & Educational Technology

And I woik at a univoisity!! Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.

11. im a music education major, and a gig thieving whore according to some people. :meh:

12. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Getting a Degree in Contemporary music! :hyper::hyper:

13. I spent a year in a philosophy/economics major, dropped out and am now going back for civil engineering.

lowsound

14. 1 year of trying to be an english major, now going for an associates in science, and then on to BS in electrical engineering.

15. Mechanical Engineering.

I need a major with more girls.

16. one year of architecture, currently in the English major with a track into a masters in education. I'll go straight from being the student to the teacher - school school school for me! lol

probably gonna do a classical guitar minor as well

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Major in Business Management, concentration in Marketing, minor in Accounting

18. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Not one in any of my classes. :atoz:

LOTS on campus though... That's what I got for going to college in Florida.

19. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    come to the dark side keith...

Petroleum Engineer

20. then you should become a music major. :cool:

the only problem is the music girls are craaaaazy.:meh: