1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

College sports chants

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by buldog5151bass, Nov 18, 2018.

1. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Sometimes, the best part about watching college sports is watching the students' section. Some of the best chants I've heard:

- Michigan v. Michigan State. The Michigan State fans would yell "S, T, A, T, E". As soon as they did this one time, the other side yelled, "What's the matter, can't you spell Michigan?".

- I've heard this at several Ivy League games, especially when they are losing - "You'll work for us".

- My son, who is at college now, said they chant this when they don't like a call against them - "I'm blind, I'm deaf. I want to be a ref".

Any other good ones?

2. I heard this while living in Virginia. It only works if you know how people in Virginia pronounce "Norfolk".

"We don't drink, we don't smoke, NORFOLK, NORFOLK!".

;)

3. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    “Your coach is a hamster and your team smelt of elderberries! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!”

I’ll grant that I heard it only the one time and it wasn’t a football game, but at a quiz bowl.

4. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds SUSPENDED

Oct 7, 2016
    For soccer

“Let’s pretend, let’s pretend
    Let’s pretend we scored a goal”

The crowd cheers like a goal is scored.

Best chant ever.