Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

College students...Good Luck!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Dec 5, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Well, exam time is upon us. Good luck the rest of you bass-playing scholars!
    I took my first exam Wednesday night, and it was a breeze. Tomorrow brings me two more (who the heck schedules exams at 9 AM on a Saturday?!), and I'll finish up with tests on Tuesday and Wednesday.

TB high-schoolers: good luck to you, as well.

2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

9:00 a.m. Saturday exams? Boo-hoo:bawl: mine start at 8:00!

I have one on Thursday, two on Friday, and two on Saturday (first at 8:00 a.m.!). I came home tonight and will be here until Wednesday (my classes were cancelled Monday and we have "study days Tues. and Wed.) so that I could study with fewer distractions. Plus I get home cooked meals for 5 days :D:D

Good luck everyone.:cool:

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mine are Monday and Tuesday. Oh joy.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My hippie-ass school doesn't have finals until after Christmas break. It feels like high school all over again.

5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My finals schedule is relatively easy this semester. I had a final on thursday, have two take home exams due friday, an in class test on friday, and a presentation on monday the 16th. Last semester someone f'ed something up and somehow I had 4 exams scheduled for the same day.

6. hehe, i get to exempt all of mine :D

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Thanks, and I also wish everyone good luck. Being a photo major, I just mainly gotta get artsy stuff done, but I've got a lot of it to do in a small amount of time. Also my non art classes, the finals aren't cumlative, it's just normal tests. So I'm not as freaking out as I was earlier, I thought I screwed up again! :eek:

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I was only taking 2 courses this quarter, being that it was my first quarter and I am also doing high school full time. So i only had one final. It was a five page essay on how Jaco changed music. I didn't even do any research. :eek:

9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    yah all my recording projects are due. I have a jazz history test that should be fun though.

10. I have my high school exams in two weeks...should be a breeze, I'm only taking 3 exams (Thank youuuuu off-periods and elective exemptions!)

I start college next year...I can't wait. Especially if the scholarships come through and I get to go away someplace.

11. via satellite

via satellite

Sep 16, 2003
    Somehow the registrar did a really stunning job arranging my exams, and I have three of them simultaneously Wednesday morning. Now all of my profs are like, "No! My exam is more important! Make them move their exams!"

Oy.

12. my freak out time is over, i had 3 2000 word essays, and 6000 word eassy all due on the 3rd, and to finish them i slept for 5 hours in 3 days, and thats with working on them before the crunch time. then i got the weekend off and went home to see nashville pussy, what a great show, without a doubt the very best live show i have been witness to, bad news for school life though :rolleyes: had one exam this afternoon, its wasnt so bad, i could have studied a few hours more though, and have a take home exam to write before friday with alexisonfire playing wensday night:D i just hope i did good enough on the papers to get into the poli sci honors program at the end of the year

13. I did alright on my first exam, but badly failed my second :(

sigh