1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

College/University

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by afinalfantasy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Anyone here going to college this upcoming fall? I got an early acceptance at Loyalist College for Animation/Graphic Design, which I'm pretty excited about.

For those who are already in university or college, or have attended one of the two, did you enjoy your experience?

2. im going to community college studying music its been good so far.

3. Currently in my junior year majoring in business management, and considering a double major of marketing as well.

I hope to jump to grad school straight after getting my BBA, so I plan on being in college for a while.

Did the community college thing, and while the campus life was severely lacking, I'm also not in debt, which is pretty awesome.

4. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Sorry to sound dumb, but what is community college?

I've never heard the term around where I live in Ontario.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm a Junior at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA going for my BA in Business Management with a concentration in Marketing and a Minor in Accounting.

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_college

you save money but you have to transfer your credits to a major university to get anything above an associates degree(2 year degree)

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    College in the US is what we call university, while community college in the US is what we call college. Loyalist/George Brown/Humber/Algonquin = Canadian version of community college. York/Carlton/Brock = Canadian version of college.

I'm not too far from Loyalist, I'm at Queen's University right now.

8. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I'm going to Northwestern University in the fall.

9. University was all right I suppose. Was pretty lame for what I was expecting. I was mostly bummed that I had to take a bunch of courses that are useless to me in order to get my degree. I'm having a lot more fun with my classes this semester, mostly because I enjoy my German class and don't have to do much at all in my Computer class.

10. Awesome! That's on my list of potential grad schools. Looks like a great university.

11. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I'm going to a California school next year. Don't know which one yet, though...:meh:

12. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Not really. A University is only a business. They pretend like they "care" about you and your education, but when it comes down to it, they only care about getting your money.

13. going to be taking a 3 year nursing course this fall =)

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Completely missed this question. As for the answer, I really don't enjoy the majority of school... but I have met a few people that I'm grateful for... $160,000 is a lot of money to be in debt for something that's nearly required to succeed in our society.

15. I will hopefully be attending Grant Macewan to study music :D

16. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    In the fall I'll be starting my 5th of 6 years on a BS/MS Biotechnology course at Northeastern University. It's been fun, especially since the internships allowed me to pay for a ton of new gear.

17. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I go to the University of Cincinnati, I am in year 2 out of a 5 year program. Double major in Computer Engineering and Mathematics :D

I like it a lot. I wish my gf went to the same school as me, but we have been making due.

18. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    After one undergraduate degree and two graduate degrees, I decided to go for my PhD. Three years into my PhD, funds drying up and family emergencies caused me to take a break (possibly permanent) from the PhD program. Many of my experiences were good. It is a great deal of work though and, it can be stressful. I've completed about 320 semester hours of undergraduate and graduate coursework so far. I might take next fall semester off. ;)

Good Luck and Have Fun!

19. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I go to Boston University, really enjoy it.

20. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Had the time of my life. Went to undergraduate at Johnson and Wales and they had a 4 day week. 3 day weekends every week in lovely Providence, RI.