Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ldiezman, Aug 24, 2002.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Well... its that time for me.. Time for me to travel back up to the institute of higher learning.. I really can't wait... Being at home is nice.. but i'm ready to go back..

I hate moving in though... God there are so many people... they should have 3 or 4 move in days.. no they have 2.. one for freshmen and one for everyone else... oh well.. its just one day of pure hell a year.. i guess I can deal with that...

anyone else getting ready to go back??
  2. I leave for San Diego on Thursday, go Azteks!:rolleyes:
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I'm already there. I'm living in the same apartment as last year so I don't have to worry about moving. Today is when all the dorms opened up. Man traffic sucked today.
  4. I'll go back to the dorm tomorrow...

ah, finally I can start the fun of getting drunk and partying again!

wait... that's what I've been doing all summer! ;)

5. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    When stressful times at college arise (pun intended, you'll see what I mean), just keep one thing on your mind and it will help you get through all the hard (<----pun) times, thick and thin (another pun; I can't help myself)......

Tang. Yes, our favorite artificially created powder beverage developed for astronauts in the NASA program during the 60s. (If you didn't catch on, this whole previous paragraph was a pun.)

6. On wednesday I start a Culinary arts program at RRCC (Winnipeg, Canada).I don't get to move out until I graduate...:(
  7. I am going back tomorrow. Moving in is no problem, all my stuff is already there, just needs to be unpacked.

Though there is a 7 day detour of hiking near Jasper.:D

8. I start in a little over a month. I decided to change things drastically, and instead of starting at OSU this year, I'm bagging it to start at a Community College, go for 2 years, then go for the Oregon Bachelor of Arts Transfer Degree and get into OSU that way. MUCH cheaper in the long run (by like $15,000-$17,000!!:eek: )

Rock on
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I started back Wednesday. I'm living at home though, so I really didn't have much to do except picking up my schedule. Not too bad when there's only 1200 students total at the school. :D I'd like to be able to live in the dorms, but $16-18k per year vs. $35k, I think I'll stay my ass at home!! Thank god for financial aid!!!
  10. :D ;)
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm applying all this year, and will be headed out next summer. Now, the only snag is that I won't be able to live in a dorm. Why? Because I'm NOT leaving my bass gear behind, and the dorms will almost certainly NOT allow that kinda gear in a dorm. I wouldn't leave it there besides (security).

Other than that, it should be a blast.
  12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Oh the beauty of instate tuition. it costs about 10k for me to go to school for one year. That's 10k for tuition, rent, food, etc:D
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Well I made it in.. Just got my computer set up.. Its good to be back.. But I haven't played my bass in 24 hours.. its very very sad.. I'll just play alot tomorrow.. ;)

14. It costs $17-19k a year to live in Dorms? You could rent one sweet apartment for that kind of money. You'd have at least $2000 a month for food and rent.:eek:

15. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    You know what's even nicer? When you don't have to go back anymore. :) I'M DONE!!!!!
  16. Im at college now! Just got my internet connection done, 100 Mbps! My Sony Vaio *2.2 ghz* runs nice.