Cologne - How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Feb 18, 2010.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    And where do you spray it? I go for two sprays on the back of my neck.

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    3 spritzes on the johnson and I'm good all day

3. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Everyone here sprays in on their neck. On the front though, never heard about back. I use two sprays, which I recon is the most common. Enough, but not too much (depending on the cologne).

4. Deodorant is my cologne. Hell to the yeah.:bassist:

5. One puff on each side of my neck.

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

After shave is enough...otherwise, use half of what you think you need.

7. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I use two sprays.

If I can smell your cologne from 5 Feet away, you're wearing way too much

8. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If I can smell it at all, I'm walking away from you until I can't smell it any more. So you can gauge whether it's "too much" by whether I am avoiding you.

9. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    If that is your view, then my bet is that people are not sorry :p

10. well, a double pit with a chesty is a minimum for most people.

haha that's way to much! Who is Axe trying to fool?

i'd say if you can be smelled from more than a foot away, you are wearing too much--it should only be enough for you and your significant other to smell in my opinion

11. Same here. I haven't owned a bottle of cologne since I started deer hunting. That was when I was about 10. I couldn't go back now. Due to the nature of my work, I often shower 2, sometimes 3 times per day and my Axe shower gel and deoderant keep me smelling good enough :hyper:

12. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Santa Ana, Calif.
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I once owned a car that was built in Cologne. You can probably guess what make it was.

13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

^^^^Emblazon this on your memory!

14. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I douse myself in cheap stuff before I head to the bar. When I get there I smell cologney. After about an hour, I figure I smell better than than the smoky bar. By the time I get home, I smell like an ashtray.

I figure if I'm going to be getting all sweaty under hot lights in a smoke filled environment, too much cologne might be just about right after the first set or so.

15. ^ Don't hide your manmusk dude!

<Cue Barry White>

16. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI

17. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Real men do not wear cologne.

Are you a pimp or a "playa"? Do your friends call you "brah"? If yes, then cologne is for you, and the more the better.

If you insist, two squirts is entirely too much. Half a squirt is best. As was said above, no one should be able to smell you from more than 1 foot away.

18. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

+1

You might think it makes you smell like heaven on earth, but most people wear too much and it turns off more people than it inspires.

One of my kids puts on that ridiculous Axe, and the house smells like Axe all day. I'm gonna start throwing it in the trash if he doesn't cut it out.

My soap, deodorant, and after shave balm are plenty of scent for me. Anyone who thinks they need more odors than that polluting the airspace is usually mistaken.

On special occasions, I might put a drop of patchoulli oil on my wrists and rub it in. You have to be really close to me to smell it. But my woman says it makes me smell like Jimi and Janice's love child.

20. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

Hilarious.

Trivia: The singer on these commercials is the lead singer from Survivor ("Eye of the Tiger").

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021