Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    It's about time. If you missed those first few amazing shows -here they come again. Studio disc out soon and tour to follow!

Les Claypool assembled a rogue's gallery of legends for a handful of performances featuring: Les Claypool on bass, Buckethead on guitar, Brain on drums, and the one and only Bernie Worrell on keyboards (of Bernie Worrell and the Woo Warriors, former member of the original Parliament/Funkadelic, Talking Heads, and Praxis). This band debuted at the epic Bonnaroo Festival in Tennessee to major acclaim, and then played a few exclusive Bay Area club dates that were recorded for an upcoming live album.

"These performances were unrehearsed and purely improvisational. Each show was completely unique unto itself." --The Colonel

The long awaited album from the group will be released on September 7 on Prawn Song Records. Stay tuned for tour plans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Les Claypool, Buckethead, Brain, And Bernie Worrell Unite For
    'The Big Eyeball In The Sky' Out September 7 (Prawn Song)
    Les Claypool, along with Buckethead on guitar, Brain on drums, and original Parliament/Funkadelic member Bernie Worrell on keyboards will release their debut album 'The Big Eyeball In The Sky' September 7 on Prawn Song Records. The release marks the first studio recording for Col. Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains, (CCBBB) which Claypool characterizes as "a traveling, oversized sock-puppet show spawned by the characters of a Tobe Hooper film and scored by Danny Elfman on bad acid."

"The chemistry between this particular ensemble has been extremely inspirational and working with Bernie Worrell has been a constant source of amazement. He is without a doubt one of the true musical geniuses of our time."

"The majority of the lyrics on this record were written at the onset of the Iraq confrontation" explains Claypool, "so it was very difficult not to be influenced by the frustration and confusion that was felt by myself and the people around me -- though somewhat dark, I tried to cloak my angst, conveying thoughts through the eyes of colorful and satirical characters."

CCBBB has drawn acclaim in just a handful of performances since their debut at the 2002 Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee, where all four members will be featured this week in various combinations (Primus, Praxis, Material). The band will tour nationally starting in October.

Here's the track listing for The Big Eyeball In The Sky:

• Buckethead
    • Thai Noodles
    • Tyranny Of The Hunt
    • Elephant Ghost
    • Hip Shot From The Slab
    • Junior
    • Scott Taylor
    • The Big Eye Ball In The Sky
    • Jackalope
    • 48 Hours To Go
    • Ignorance Is Bliss

2. Awesome, buckethead is amazing with his eight finger tapping or whatever. I would love to see that show.

3. Sweet, I've wanted to hear some of CCBBB for a long time, but there are no cds out.

Must......get......tickets for tour...

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've seen them. They were good, although it was obviously unrehearsed. Buckethead is always entertaining to watch, though he seemed a bit lost when his bandmates kept abandoning him onstage. Claypool is usually the center of attention, and he isn't a very supportive player when he's not. Overall, it's a pretty fun mix. It was certainly worth the pain of having to suffer through the opening act: Ween. God, they suck.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Mister, dem is fightin wards. :D

Buckingham Green is probably one of my favorite songs ever, as are Buenas Tardas Amigo and Voodoo Lady.

"I hoped I'd sell you a chicken, with poison interlaced with the meat"

6. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Ween sucks. Let's fight.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    San Fran, huh. Is that near Oceanside? Got a friend I could visit there, drive to San Fran then it would be

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY, Battle Royale between Benjamin Strange and Adam the Mississippian

Bring it. :eyebrow:

Punk. :D

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    You think I'm afraid of some unsupporting Mississi... damn, that's alot of letters.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Whoo, you're lucky I am way to lazy to continue with that. :D

On a lighter note, any word from Mesa about your job interview?

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Respect for Benny Strangman: -28.5

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Only 28.5!? 28.5?! Gah!

Ween sucks!!!

Ok, I am done this this hi-jacking. You are now free to talk about CCBOBB.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :rollno: This is indeed a sad day for science.