color ideas for a P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 6, 2006.

1. im going to have my P bass body professionally resprayed (as i have found that i do not have the time to get into it like i would want to with school and all)

but i still cant settle on a color, although i was thinking about a kind of silverburst (sunburst, but black on the edges with a silver metalic in the middle)

all the hardware will be black, pickguard will be black, tuners will be the chrome stock ones for now (i dont want to skimp on them and i dont have the coin for the ones i want just yet)

so, what do you all think is the best color combo on MIM Ps? just opening the floor for any ideas (dont say natural though, the wood just isnt that nice.
  2. no one has any preference on color combos for their painted basses? im all for natural finishon woods that deserve to be shown off, but in this case, paint is the only way to go.
  3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I'm a big fan of transparent orange combined with a white pg. As-far-as bursts go, I prefer sunset.
  4. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    silverburst is pretty interesting. i like green, too. don't see green P basses too often.
  5. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Silverburst with a Black Pearloid pickguard would ROCK!
  6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Seafoam green or vintage white. Best colours for a P...or pretty much anything, really.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    black/black or seafoam grreen
  8. gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    I once saw a Silver Flake P-Bass with black pickgaurd and hardware in a magazine. It was pretty cool, may be a little flashy though depending on your tastes.
  9. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    P basses must be natural with a black pickguard or burst with a tort pickguard. Anything else is an abomination!

Just kidding, but those are my two favorite colour schemes for P basses. I have never seen a silverburst so I can't comment. Do you have a link to an example?

Black, with a black pickguard and a rosewood neck could be cool too.
  10. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    go with the silverburst.
  11. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    I love the look of Fiesta red with black hardware and pickguard in the morning.
    Smells like.......victory

12. 311fan

Jul 20, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    I second the orange with white pickguard except with a solid bright pumpkin orange. mmmm...tasty
  13. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Antigua looks a lot better in person, can you get that done? If not, I wonder what a British Racing Green w/black hw P would look like.

Might be the worst suggestion on this board.. but... blueburst? Too funky?