1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Color Theory Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bozobarnum, Nov 24, 2018.

1. bozobarnum

bozobarnum

Oct 23, 2014
    Has anyone tried the Colour Theory pedal by Alexanderpedals? It sounds pretty amazing, but I question ease of use and sound quality with a bass guitar. Here’s a link to one of their videos, although I think Mary Spender’s is a little better but more talking.

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Cool sounds but I need to hear it in some sort of legitimate context.

3. bozobarnum

bozobarnum

Oct 23, 2014
    That’s pretty much what I thought as well.

4. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Mary Spencer's demo helped make it seem much more sensible. If you think of it as an advanced arpeggiator it seems much more usable.

Pedal playing comes in at the 3:45 mark.

I could actually see a few uses for it.

5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Dunno, too much like the EQD Arpanoid, and a bit of the Rainbow Machine. Not to mention the Hologram Dream Sequence, and Red Panda Particle and Raster, which I have and I’m still trying to figure out.

6. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    How many pedals are a bit like other pedals though? Kind of a non issue if the pedal does its thing well.

7. bozobarnum

bozobarnum

Oct 23, 2014
    The big thing that concerned me about Colour Theory was a video I watched where they were using an iPad to control. That much freedom is good, but it also made it seem difficult to find a good sound which is the case with a lot of pedals imo.

8. Rambazamba

Rambazamba

Dec 14, 2012
    Berlin
    It's like they built a pedal after one of my bands tracks! :woot:
    Check it out here, it's almost the exact same sound. I used a rat into m9 into phaser into compressor and added a clean blend for more bass. Sequencing was done with an 8 step program.

bozobarnum and Robertron like this.
  9. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Rambazamba likes this.