1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

COLORADO GET TOGETHER!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ad Nauseam, Jun 5, 2002.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Nah, I've got Yahoo and MSN. Ad has AOL also. I guess that I'll get rid of one of these that I have and install the AOL. All three are definitely not needed. I should be ready by tomorrow.

2. Weelll I guess for now we'll just take up Paul's badwidth and keep posting like this eh? So do you have any idea when we could set this up? I really think a 4th of July bash would be great, but I don't know how many ppl are gonna be available on such short notice. If we can decide on something I'll make some calls, I'll talk to bill and see if he has any friends that want in on it.

3. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    Colorado Springs signing in here.

When and where?

4. Alright! man i'm pumped for this, so far i'm the only one that has made any suggestions, but i was thinking 4th of july, but that may be too sudden for alot of ppl. I don't know if it will work but if we could find a street downtown where we could get together and jam that would be truly awseome. Maybe somewhere on Laramer square? But if that doesn't work out we could always just find someone with a big house:) . Make some calls man, if any of your friends are bassists and they want in, they're more than welcome!

5. The fourth sounds a bit TOO quick, don't you think?

~Ad

6. I tried to change the topic but I just changed the subject of my original post. I don't want to clutter up the board with a simular thread inviting nearby states to join in the fun, so if anyone knows of anybody who might want to make a trip out here then please let them know.

August is probably too far away but the fourth of July is too close for me. I'd barely have time to do my laundry!
    I'm guessing that we should aim for a weekend, maybe the 20th? Anyone capable of harbouring a few TBers at their house along with TBer accesories? I can bring my SWR SM-900 and Goliath III cab, along with my Zons, my SSD and maybe a Gibson RD Artist.

And if anybody knows Steve Bagley from Left Of Center, a denver blues band, I would really like him to join us! I just don't know how to get in touch with him anymore!
    Another bassist I've lost touch with is Aaron Gibson. He used to play in a band called Colonel Mustard and he lived (and instructed) in Ft.Collins.
    I'd be thrilled if any of you even recognize those names!

So, how does everyone feel about July 20th?

~Ad

7. I've made sure that my whole july calendar is free so the 20th is good for me. I'll just bring my ric, my little practice amp is out of comission right now though so i may have to plug into someone else's if i can't fix it or get a newer one in time. If all else fails my house should do the trick, we can get out and jam on my deck or something, but it is out in franktown and therefore very remote. In any case, you make some calls, i'll make some calls, and we'll see if the 20th will work out ok?

8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I'll bring a rig and a couple of basses if anyone is interested in trying the stuff that I have. Here's the list:

Basses:
    2001 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass (4-string, natural ash body & rosewood fingerboard.)

1990 MIJ Fender Standard Jazz Bass (fretless 4-string, basswood body & rosewood board)

2000 Peavey Millennium Plus (4-string, flamed maple top, alder body & maple board)

2001 Peavey Cirrus 5-string (bubinga & walnut Body, pau ferro fingerboard)

2001 MTD Beast 5-string (poplar body, wenge fingerboard)

Amplification:
    Fender Bassman 25 combo amp
    Peavey Kilobass Head
    Peavey Max Bass Preamp
    E&W PS-1000 power amp
    Genz Benz 410T-STD
    Genz Benz GB-12T (2 total)

Effects:
    Peavey BassFex rackmounted multi-effects unit with a ProFex II MIDI controller.
    Korg Pandora PX3B

Other:
    SKB 6 space rack case
    Furman PL-Plus power conditioner
    Korg DTR-1 rack mounted tuner

The two Genz Benz 112s would be very easy for me to transport and they sound pretty nice also with either of my amp setups. I know, I know. I've got Peavey gear but don't be a hater now! You just might be surprised. :D ;) Let me know if you see something that intrigues you.

9. BrettAM,
    Thanks for the offer, but would your parents really want a bunch of strange internet bassists conglomerating on your deck? I know I wouldn't if I were them!
    Some folks don't want their kids meeting with strangers over the net at all, so you should let your parents know in advance about this whole get together and invite them along as well. This is probably a good idea for anyone still under parental custody!
    I'm going to ask my drummer if he is down for letting us use his house. He is on vacation for another week but will be back in time to consider this.
    Anyone else with a house for hosting?

Ebozzz, I tried to register at HC but it said my email is banned?! Weird! I think I only visited there twice and I never registered or posted anything!
    Could you post them a link to this thread and also express the dire needs of a host house?

I'm going to PM everyone and let them know about the date. I still haven't heard from a lot of TBers so please, drop a line whenever you guys can. Especially if you haven't yet!

~Ad

10. You're probably right Ad. Most of my suggestions are just to get ppl thinking anyway. Hubris of the young eh? In any case i have told them about our little pow wow, and they don't mind, don't expect me to invite them though, that would be bad...

Ebozz, now i know that that "I suck, bad" comment is a lie, that is way to much gear for a bad bass player. Bring that Beast along, I haven't had a chance to try one of them out and i'd really like to.

11. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Ad, the link to this thread has alreay been posted in the HC thread. So far there have only been about three people to post in it showing interest. At the start of the week, a lot of the regulars should be back. I'll keep the thread going until then. ;)

Brett,

No lie, I really am pretty bad. :D

12. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    There is a chance that I could host at my house on the 20th. I live in NE Arvada, and have beer on tap.

However, I'm planning on having some carpet replaced that weekend. I'll know when the carpet will be replaced by the beginning of next week.

Matt

13. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Matt,

I don't need anything else to convince me. :D ;) Just kidding of course.

14. Matt,
    That would be grand! If at all possible I'd rather leave my drummer out of it... not because he's a bad guy or anything, but I can not stand his fiance at all and avoid her like the plauge she is.
    LOL!
    Zach from HC is offering his parent's house in Lyons, alas, IT IS in Lyons. Arvada is much easier on the Springs bassists.
    I'll be bringing my SSD NS-4p which is FOR SALE.
    We can haggle on the price for any who are interested. I'm thinking in the $2,200 range.
    I need the dough to get my next Zon, a burled redwood Sonus 8. (Gard is the Hook-up!)

Anyway, let us know if the carpet vs. bassists won't be a conflict, then we can get some even more solid plans!

~Ad

15. Just out of curiousity matt, is this an area where we are gonna be able to really crank it or if we do that will it peel the paint off the neighboor's houses? Not that i mind either way. It's just that it's so much fun to piss off neighboors. In any case it might be better if you bring a flask instead of a keg, the last thing i need is to be dropped off at my parent's front doorstep three days later belligerent and having dephiled myself AGAIN!! I mean they get mad enough as it is that i have new years eve three times a week... If all else fails we could run extension cords out onto the lawn as they carpet, but that would be very weird.

Ad, bring your zons! The best bass i've ever played has been an elrick (a true beauty, and currently my dream bass), and i'd love to just have a look at a Zon. And what's so bad about your drummer's fiance (well, unless he's the typical drummer, and has found the antichrist without knowing)? I've rarely met a bad woman, except for my bud's girlfriend Georgia, she's absolutely destroying his life, i swear to god...

16. We could save the alcohol for another time (Sorry Brett!).
    I don't think we should be getting too liquored up, if at all.

And pissing off neighbors is one thing, pissing off someone elses neighbors is quite the other. Remember, Matt has to continue living next door to them after we've long gone.

I'll bring the Zons too, are you bringing your Ric?

"And what's so bad about your drummer's fiance (well, unless he's the typical drummer, and has found the antichrist without knowing)?"

Yes.

~Ad

17. Yes, i'm bringin' my ric, good thing about the alchohol, if i want to get drunk the last ppl i'm calling is a bunch of crazy bassists with 7 stringers (too many g-strings for me). Especially when they're all male.

If you ever want to piss of my neighboors feel free to come on bye, better bring about a thousand watts along with you though, there's quite a bit of space in between our houses.

So he's found the anti-christ? Has she met Georgia Davis? I think she may want to meet her competition, tell her to watch her back for daggers in the night.

18. I'm only 100 watts short of 1000. :eek:

~Ad

19. Hubba-Whaa

Hubba-Whaa Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Cool, this is coming together really well. I have been off the boards this whole weekend and have missed alot. From what I can tell so far the 20th looks good. I can bring the following....

Fender MIA Hot Rod P-Bass
    RIC 4001(F)
    Ampeg SVT3-Pro
    Peavey 1X15 Cab

20. We're still waiting for the other half of TB Colorado to touch base with us. Where are you guys? Worldwidepants? camoe? anybody?

Come out, come out, wherever you are! We want as many people as we can get!