1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

COLORADO GET TOGETHER!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ad Nauseam, Jun 5, 2002.

1. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Soundoff if you're coming so we can get a headcount.

For directions/phone, PM or email me.

Matt

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Mark,

Thanks a lot. I'll bring my fretless along to compare. I can't do very much on fretted or fretless at this point but I think that my ears are pretty good. ;) I hate to keep asking you to bring stuff but I'd like to try that PHA-1 also. I'll just commit to bringing my power amp so that we'll have more than one on hand. It's a 1000 watt E&W PS-1000. It's a nice inexpensive QSC alternative and a lot of the users that I contacted stated that they like it's tone better. Your PLX 2402 has more power but it would be cool to take a look at them side by side. Here's a little thread that I started a while back about them.

E&W Power Amps

3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    BTW, I ran into a local guy that has some gear that he's thinking about selling. Here's what he has:

SWR Grand Prix Preamp
    SWR Stereo 800 Power Amp
    SWR Goliath III 410 Cab

Im invited him to come by to hang out with us but he has some other commitments. From what I understand, he would like to sell the preamp only or the entire rig. If anyone is interested, I have his information to pass along and you can deal with him directly.

4. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I've heard from four attendees.

Anyone else?

5. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Gold Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'll be coming (along with Mark Sellers).

I'll bring the following gear:
    - Aguilar DB659 preamp and Stewart power amp
    - Bergantino 2x12
    - Acme 2x10
    - Lakland 55-94
    - F-Bass BN5-F fretless
    - MTD-535 (American) fretless.

We'll also bring some food to share.

Jim Dombrowski
    Colorado Springs

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Jim,

Will either you or Mark be packin'? Someone just might try to mug you! :D ;) Just getting a chance to see and hear the gear on your list will definitely be a pleasure.

7. Jim Dombrowski

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    With Mark coming along, that's all the protection I'll need. He has a stare that could stop bullets.
    (Mark - just kidding).

JD

8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    :D LMBO!!!

9. You talkin 'bout me??????
    Dontcha be talkin bout me like dat....

:)

No worries, that Bergantino weighs a ton, no one would want to haul that away without some help!!

10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Mark,

I just got an email from DenverKen. he said that you two did a trade a while back. He will not be able to make it as his plate is already pretty full on the 20th. He did ask me to say hi to you and the rest of the guys on his behalf. Hello everyone from DenverKen! :)

11. Ebozzz, are the guys over at Harmony Central all up-to-date on everything?

We should get a headcheck from there as well.

~Ad

P.S. - I'm bringing a 12 pack of Mt.Dew Code Red.

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I checked in at HC on yesterday. To be honest with you, I'm not sure what going to happen with those guys. :( I'll bump the thread again.

13. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I've heard from about seven people, including Zach at H-C. If everyone can bring chips, dips, and sodas, I'll supply burgers, brats, and buns. I think the only other thing we'll need are nametags.

Matt

14. I'll put myself down for a 12 pack of coke and condoments for the burgers and brats (unless you've got them already). Does anyone know what time this is going to end? I'll probably have to leave around six or seven unless it ends earlier.

15. Scott Surine said he can make it for about an hour, probably around 1:00, then he has a meeting with a music store so he'll have to split.
    We may have to resort to makeshift nametags and just pin them on.
    ~Ad

16. Whatever works so long as we know who eachother is. Is Mr. Surine going to bring any of those basses of his along? Also, does anyone know if there is going to be anyone there under say, 20? Other than me of course.

17. Jim Dombrowski

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Despite my best intentions, I won't be able to make it on Saturday. (Too many things on my plate this weekend.) Have a great time.

Jim Dombrowski
    (jdombrow)

18. Ditto for me.... not gonna make it, sorry guys! :mad:

19. disp

disp

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver/Boulder
    Well I'm still in. I'll bring some Tater salad and libations. My Hartke's in Longmont so I don't think I'll be bringin it unless someone wants to twist my arm.

20. Damn you jim! Oh well, guess I wont be able to try out that MTD fretless. :D