Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Colorado Snow Storm

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by camoe, Mar 19, 2003.

1. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    So how's the rest of Colorado dealing with our record snowstorm? I've shoveled more than 3 feet of snow in the last 24 hours with more coming. The frickin snow plow idot decided that my driveway (corner lot) was the perfect place to deposit the rest of the street's snow. I couldn't get out of my driveway if a had a hummer (the SUV for you dirty minds). The drift is between 5 and 6 feet deep with the bottom foot comprised of just slush and water. Arizona is looking better and better!

Peace

2. my brother emailed me yesterday about the storm. He lives about 15 minutes above Blackhawk, and said he was at 5 feet, expecting 8 overall. Totally stranded for now. He did add it would help with your drought though, so I guess its good for you guys overall.

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Bongmont is pretty buried. Nobody is driving around. Me, I'm logged in and working from home.

4. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I'm here in Denver. At least two feet of snow outside my dorm room. Worst part is that my girlfriend, whom I haven't seen in 3 and a half months, won't be coming in tonight. Instead, she's been pushed back to Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I'm pretty upset about this.

5. Yea im out here in Arvada, A city close to Denver and holy crap the snow is up to my knee's (and im 6'2!!) There are these idiots in my block who think that because they have 4 wheel drive can handle the snow, Ive watched 3 cars today have to be dug out of the snow. Stupid people hehehe. But the good thing about this snow is that its so heavy and wet it will help with our drought A bunch. And did your guys power go out at about 10:00 PM yesterday. It did for me And I had to wind up sitting in my car listening to the radio for 2 hours. Well Good luck fellow Coloradians and dress warm ;)

6. Glad it isn't coming here. All we have gotten is rain the last couple of days, and I can handle that. That is a lot of snow. Only good thing is you could catch up on practicing with all the extra time since you are stuck at home. Now if it would just snow here so I won't have to go to class tomorrow:) .

jtbp

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I'm feelin' it here in Parker. We've had over 3 feet of snow. Here's a shot of my driveway after a feeble attempt to shovel..

8. Wheres the link Farley? And anyway This has been the most snow Ive ever seen here in colorado and Ive lived here my whole 17 years. Is this the biggest blizzard in colorado yet?

9. Heh. I was supposed to have a midterm exam today, but I went out Tuesday night, taking the gamble the school would be closed. My boss had left a message when we got home - school's closed: no midterm, and best of all, no work.

My wife and I were piling snow from the driveway onto the lawn and jumping off the roof, around midnight last night after we got the message. I have a bit of whiplash today, but it was worth it. :D

We shoveld enough snow to get my Jeep out of the driveway this morning but we left her Honda buried as her workplace is closed tomorrow.

We measured 26 inches this afternoon, after it had started to warm up and rain; I'm guessing we had 30 inches total. I love it.

10. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Well, 3 feet adn 2 days later, I now see the sun at my Aurora home! No college classes tues, wed, or thurs. Rock on! I spent some good time sledding and ahving snowball fights..yah I know, I sound liek a little kid. Unfortunately I have to go to a spanish midterm friday, blah...can't wait for spring break next week. :D

11. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    wow, i thought that blizzard we had over here in D.C. a few weeks ago was bad. 8 feet of snow? thats crazy

12. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I lost my connection while the picture was trying to load. I thought my post didn't make it on to the boards I'll see if I can get the link on here tonight.

13. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Huhu... you said Bongmont. Huhu. :D

14. Yeah, it took a bit to dig out. I couldn't see my '73 caddy under the snow at all. Now it's just piled up on the sidewalks and such. Roads are fine. Took days to recover from the big dumping, though. We still need more to get out of the drought.