Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Colored/coated strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Verne Andru, Jun 19, 2005.

1. I'm thinking about trying a set of Red Devils but was wondering if there were any oddities - coating coming off, different sound/response, etc. - I should expect.

Anyone with some experience to share?

2. Ya, I've had experience with clour coming off a little. And maybe its just psycho-logical, but the just sounded kinda MUTED TO ME.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    My friend used the black ones on his tele, and the coating started wearing off in about 2 days. But, they sounded good for quite a while. Only problem I have is that they sound just a tad mushy. I find that if you wipe down your strings with a clean cloth at the end of every playing session, you can make strings last a very long time.

4. jhfva

jhfva

May 2, 2004
    Roanoke, VA
    I've been using them on my Fender Zone 5 string for about a month. It gets played 1 or 2 hours a day withe zero trouble. I like the sound and feel.

I did switch to a tapered B 130.

The best selection that I've found was at: http://bassguitarstrings.us/store/home.php