Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Colored string wraps?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by keepmusicevil, Jan 9, 2003.

1. keepmusicevil

keepmusicevil

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    I got a new bass and will be dropping some EMG's in there over the next week. Obviously I will be removing the strings to do this, but I am happy with the tone I am getting from them and would like to replace them with the same brand. My question is this:

What brand(s) have a purple cord/string wrapped to its ends?

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Ken Smith's have purple felt on the end that inserts into the tuner. Do a search for "Ken Smith" at Musician's Friend. They're all $13-20 a pack. Great strings and a killer deal. There might be others with purple felt but Smith's are the only ones I know of.

3. keepmusicevil

keepmusicevil

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    Thanks....I will check on them. Good price too!

4. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    They also have purple on the ball end. I didn't remember until I looked at my basses.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you should get some slowounds...all the silks are different colors...that's even more cooler than like the just purple ones...the different colors sound better

6. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    TI Powerbass also have purple silks (kind of a medium to medium light purple). They are fairly heavy-gauge (only size they come in) and the sound very very good.

7. What...are the colour schemes proprietary?

8. Squnk

Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    I did the same thing almost!

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

they are.....the colored ones sound better, man

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001