1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Colored strings that aren't neon?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mactac, Feb 23, 2015.

1. I was thinking that it might be interesting to put on red, yellow and green strings onto my bass (for my reggae band), but I"m not a fan of the neon.... pretty un-reggae, if you ask me!

Does anyone know if there are some colored strings that have more muted color tones?

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    DR Cool Blue, Red Devils, and Black Beauties

Then there is also look at Aurora Strings for more color variety.

3. Black Beauties on me Jazz. Just ordered some tape wounds Black as well for me Hoffner.

4. Yes, those are nice. Looking for red, green & yellow (reggae colors!)

Aurora seems to be bright/neon, or maybe they just look that way in the pics?

5. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    They just look that way in pics...

Do DR NEON Red, Green, Yellow, and Black Beauties! They won't be too obnoxious on stage promise!

6. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

jd56hawk likes this.

7. I found this... looks fairly obnoxious to me :)

E9hsJ5u.jpg

8. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    La Habra CA
    I've had colored DR's before and they are more radiant in color.
    I stopped using DR's because of dead strings every so often, were kind of consistent.

Aurora strings are great! Fairly bright in sound though. First time using them this month.

I have Red, Aqua Blue, and Pink since my wife wanted me to stick out a little. They are not too bright in color, but sound wise, I lower my treble knob about 15% then usual.

gJ2yZCd.jpg
    xP9lzAV.jpg
    o7eZx0B.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021