1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

colorsound tone bender

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wobbles, Jun 15, 2007.

1. wobbles

wobbles

Jun 3, 2007
    i am interested in getting a colorsound tone bender, but after finding out that it only runs on batteries i am thinking twice about it. any solutions to this problem? suggestions for other similar pedals?

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    There are power accessories that attach to the battery clips. They give you an easy way to power your pedal without a permanent modification.

3. wobbles

wobbles

Jun 3, 2007
    i called guitar center, and they said they never heard of it...where would you be able to purchase a battery clip adapter?

4. wobbles

wobbles

Jun 3, 2007
    nm found some on online

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Godlyke makes one. Their speil:

Battery Plug Jumper Cord (Includes 2)
    The Cable-Grey allows the user to power vintage and boutique effect units that do not have an external AC power jack. The Cable-Grey hooks directly to the unit's Battery Clip and can be connected to any jack on the Cable-5 Daisy Chain or directly to the PA-9 itself. For use with older effects and new boutique units without DC jacks (older Ibanez, older MXR, Z-Vex).

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Why am I not surprised by this? :rollno:

7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i work at guitar center, and i HAVE heard of this. most powered pedal boards, and some of the pedal power supplies, come with one of these "dummy batteries."

so :spit: to you, EricF! ;)

speaking of which... you live near Sherman Oaks, why don't you stop by sometime?

8. My tonebender has DC power...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021