Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Colts @ Lions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by karrot-x, Nov 25, 2004.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Discuss :0

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I don't dare. I'll jinx 'em.

Dare I hope?

Naw. Its just Detriot.
    :D

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i dunno man, colts are cool with their little bandy legs, but lions have that whole king of the jungle thing going on...

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    **Yawn**

Dallas and Chicago after that?? I may go outside and rake leaves instead of forcing myself to watch that lame excuse for an NFL football game.

-Mike

5. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    mannnings in the pocket decisions are spine tingling

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    41-9 you just can't beat that

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah. But, as a Cowboys fan, I'm excited to see Drew Henson and Julius Jones both starting.

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Lotta good having Wayne & Dallas Clark in my lineup.

...at least I picked up one(1) Julius Jones. Keep givin' him the pumkin!

9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm disapointed

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

hehe, i knew it, drew got pulled out cuz he sucks. same with krenzel.

11. Brandon Stokley is on my fantasy team. Huge day for him. :hyper:

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Ford Field has the best nachos north of Mexico. Anything else that happened at Ford Field between 12:30 pm and 4:15 pm is trivial.

Peace,

James

13. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i got peyton and reggie on my team.

sweet.

14. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Ditto. Sad thing is, he's my best receiver and he doesn't always have a good week.

15. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, all I can say is that it was a good day to be a Colts fan! :D GO COLTS!!!

16. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Harrington SUX!!!

Where's my paperbag to put over my head?

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep. I saw him play alot when he was at the University of Oregon. Way overhyped, and now it is showing. I remember when they put the huge mural of him up in NYC, and I thought to myself "Who thinks he is THAT good?". Good college QB to be sure, but it stops there. Poor guy.

-Mike

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I actually really disagree with Parcells on this one. I know Parcells wants to win games, but the Cowboys aren't going anywhere this year, and we need to find out if Henson will be okay.

And, Henson sucks? Yeah, of course he does. 4/12 with one interception, and something like 39 yards. Go back and look up how other QBs did on their first start, in only the first half. Then factor in the short week of preparation. Did you expect him to come out 22/25, 318 yards, 3 TDs and no picks? Would that be the barometer of QB success, that they have to come out and play great instantly?

Give Henson time, I think he might just be okay.

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

What more needs to be said? (I'll think of something)

The Colts just took the Lions apart. The game was never on the line either. It was just another example of hope fading on the Lions camp of another season, another draft, another QB, another coach, and many players with questionable futures.

Unfortunately for the fans, the owners position is not gonna be changed anytime soon. :bawl:

Since 1980 Detroit sports fans have seen the Pistons, Tigers, Red Wings, the Shock, and one or 2 other less noteable franchises secure championship titles. The Lions, in all those years, not even close.

20. With injuries to Deion Branch and Randy Moss, he's been my best reciever too...and like you said, doesn't always pull a good week off.

But Branch is already back and Moss should be coming back soon too :hyper: