Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petary791, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My grandma is in a coma. To make a long story short, she got really sick, and now she's in a coma. It's really depressing. The good thing is that she's not in like a vegitative look, like Terri Schiavo for instance. She looks really peaceful and happy, like in a deep deep sleep. Her eyes are closed, and she moves involuntarily sometimes. I hate to say it, but I don't think she's coming back.

Prayers and hopes need. :bawl:
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Wow, that really sucks man, very painful to see a loved one slip away slowly. Maybe try thinking about the fact she isn't in any pain.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah... I think i'm the most level headed of my whole family...
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Sickness sucks.

I'll keep your grandma in my prayers, Petary.

And maybe you can do the same for me...

Keep the faith, man. Make as many babies as you can. :)
  5. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Just remind yourself that she'll be ok whatever the outcome will be; you know she's going to a better place if she does pass on. Sorry to hear of that.....maybe you could go :bassist: for her while she sleeps...just an idea.

Take care,
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I was thinking that since she was the one who took me to GC and that's when I found my 6 string...
  7. Hysteria

Hysteria Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Best wishes to you and your family! Keep your head up, although you sound like your doing just fine :).
  8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Dude, I hope she pulls through, I sat with my mom for 3 straight days until she passed away, in a lot of pain, there was no joy in that.
  9. I kind of know what that's like. My grandpa died from a mixture of dementia and Lou Gehrig's disease. It was a slow process with stroke-like symptoms. But for his last year and a half the only words he could say was "Yes" over and over. So I do know what it's like for a relative to be very sick. Best of luck. Now is the time to be with your family.
  10. Sorry to hear that.... hope she comes out of the coma. At least she's not suffering, small consolation.

My mom went into a quick coma, died shortly after. My dad went slow, lung cancer, suffered the whole way.

At least I got time to say goodbye, but would have probably wished he went like my mom instead, for his sake.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Your grandma and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she pulls through.
  12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    We are taking her off of life support tomorrow morning. :( The stroke totally annihalated her brain, and there's no hope.

13. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Oh man. Than sucks so bad.

I am so sorry for what you're going through. I don't hardly ever pray anymore but for you, your family and your gram I'll make an exception.

Alot of people here wish you well.

Take care.

14. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it.
  15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Hey dude, I'll keep you and your family up in my prayers.
    Steve B
  16. As much as it sucks- well it sucks. There isnt much you can do but wait it out. I know I have been there before. Best wishes and Prayers for yourself and your family- I hope sh gets better soon.
  17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Tough situation, my best for you and your family. I'm sure you are doing the right thing.
  18. I pray for yall.