Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combamboozled

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Sep 28, 2004.

1. well....after i finish paying for my new quaddie ;) im gonna upgrade my head, or the other choice is to buy a 2x10 combo.

what i was thinking of doing is either selling my head and buying a Hartke HA3500 or HA5500 and keeping the 4x10 + 1x15 setup....OORRRR, selling my head and 15" and getting a nemesis 210 combo and having a 6x10 setup....im kinda undecided, i love the sound of both amps but what the advice i want is which one would be more thesable, logical whatever to do, cos the nemesis 210 and hartke 3500 are the same price over here...the hartke 5500 is a little more expensive but only by about $200-300

the nemesis is 250w @4ohm
    3500 350w@4ohm
    5500 500w@4ohm

both my current cabs are 8ohm each
    the candidates:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I would tend to favour the head / cabinet approach rather than a combo+ extention cabinet because having the components separate allows for easier upgrading at a later date.

Personally I would look at some of the Aussie made gear over Hartke, but thats a personal choice. If I were you, I would be asking myself the important questions:

1. What does Kubicki recommend?
    2. What does Stu Hamm use?

I'm sure that will settle it for you ;)

3. Can you give me the head? ty

4. aha ha ha :eyebrow: ....

trust me if i had the money id be out buying a hartke HA5500 and 4.5xl :D ..ive already tested it with the kubicki and it sounded awesome....

but i was thinking the nemesis so ive only got ta carry the combo (cos they're light as anything) then i can just take the cab with the combo to larger gigs....but the hartke heads are small, n lighter than this old peavey beast :D

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've checked out some nemisis gear before helping out some old students of mine, and i found it to be pretty decent stuff, especially considering the reasonable price.

for what it's worth :)