1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Combine a multi-effect unit and simgle pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by akrein62, Apr 23, 2006.

1. akrein62

akrein62

Nov 24, 2005
    Plainfield, IL
    I have in my head that I want a Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz to get that Maestro Bass Brassmaster effect, but there are other effects I'd like to play with. Right now, I'm a beginner have a Peavey Axcelerator V and a Crate BFX100 amp. The onboard effects are not at all flexible, so I'm considering a multi-effect unit as well. Definitely something with a headphone out and an aux in to play along songs. Some of the effects I'm particularly interested in are Chorus and Octave. Maybe some others.

I'm willing to pay the bucks for the BCBOF, but I'm not sure I want spend big bucks on the others since I just play for my own amusement. So the question is, Can I combine both a single pedal and a multi-effect unit? The headphone out on the multi pedals would be nice since I could just take my bass and the multi and play quietly to my heart's content and not have to drag the amp around the house.

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated,

Andy

2. sure you can...just plug in the single pedals before or after the multi effect, depending on where you want them :)
    if you are planning on using the headphone out, i suggest you put the single effects before the multifx box :)

the trick is just treat the multiFX box like a single pedal in the pedal chain

3. For sure, I run a Boss GT6B in combination with a Boss ODB-3, a EHX Tube Zipper and EHX Bass Micro Synth.
    Why do I have a ODB-3 though it's alread on the multi effect?...
    I use the 2 outputs of the GT6B the first one, clean to Input 1 of my Mesa 400+, the second one with the ODB-3 between to Input 2 .
    greets

4. akrein62

akrein62

Nov 24, 2005
    Plainfield, IL
    Thanks for the info! Now to decide which multi efx to get. :confused:

Andy

5. One of the things I like best about my ME50B is the headphone out.

6. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    I used to have a zoom 506II which i used as a headphone practice thingy, wish i hadnt gotten rid of it

7. akrein62

akrein62

Nov 24, 2005
    Plainfield, IL
    I see that Musictoyz.com has the Zoom BFX708 on clearance for $74.95. Is this a decent unit? Seems like a good price. I don't think it's the MK2 model. Any other suggestions for under $100? I'm not a pro, just a hobbyist, so I don't want to pay too much more.

Andy