1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combining 2 pedals (same box) with 1 switch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nate Plays Bass, Apr 20, 2015.

1. So here's the deal, I have an HAO Rust Ride Bass Driver (dry and effect output). This thing sucks my lows but when I mix in with a Saturnworks active bass mixer, I get the exact tone I want. BUT, there is a slight loss in bass frequencies from when the Rust Ride is on to when it's off. The mixer does boost and cut on each channel, so if I could turn the mixer off when the Rust Ride turns off, this would solve the volume issue. So what I want to do is put these two pedals into one enclosure, with one switch operating the power on both pedals. I'm hoping it can be true bypass, but if not, it's not a big deal.
    I don't know where to start, but if it's too much work, I'll either sell the pedals or have someone else do it. I have soldered before so I have some experience.

Attached Files:

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    How about just putting them together in the loop of a loop/bypass pedal?

bassbrad and CHILDISHGAMBINO like this.
  3. I though of that. But part of the reason is to save some board space, too.

4. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Yes you can probably combine them, but you'd be better off to just mod the rust ride with a clean blend.

Diystompboxes is a good forum for asking questions about modding. To get started with your idea tho, you basically just take out the jacks that would connect those two pedals together and solder the leads together. If you are running them on a daisy chain power with no issues, you can also eliminate one power jack. Fitting them in one box is doable, you just need the space inside for it.

5. My only problem is that the blender isn't true bypass so if it's off it's off. That's what I'm stuck on right now. I could easily put them together but the blender would still be on.