1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

combining channels on a 400+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by southshoreconor, Sep 7, 2008.

1. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    i did a quick search, but couldn't find much info on doing this. what do i have to do for this? is it as simple as using an a/b/y box in front of the amp? what are the advantages of this? disadvantages?

2. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    I do it with an older Bass 400 by using a stereo chorus pedal turned off. It gives me the "kick-you-in-the-face" sound of Channel two, combined with the smooth sexiness of Channel one. Sorry I can't explain it in more technical terms :]

When I do this, I get a huge, full sound. I usually put channel two on 3-4, and channel one on 5-6. The master is set according to my situation, but it never usually goes higher than two or three. Any higher, and it's way too loud. I love my amp!

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    it's as simple as that.

conor you could also do it with the parallel out on a sans amp if you use one.

i did this with an a/b box when i first got the amp and i brought the a/b box back. i then tried it with the sans amp and it wasn't better, just different.

so glad i sold that head.

4. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    What didn't you like about it, and what are you using now?

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    ampeg 4 pro.

i got a really good deal on it and bought it sight on heard. just thought it was going to be the answer to all my problems based on the name tag.

it took me a year and a day to find a useable tone in every different venue. some times it sounded like garbage, other times it sounded useable, but that was about it.

trading the 400+ for the 4 pro was the best thing i ever did.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I did it with a little Y-cable that you can get at any Radio-Shack type store...Under 5 bucks. Worked great, and I used my 400+ that way most of the time while I had it.