Combining Signals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by snogaws, Nov 6, 2011.

1. snogaws

snogaws

Oct 25, 2008
    Chicago
    I know the answer to what I am looking for is going to be very obvious, but I thought I would ask anyways.

I am looking for a way to combine my bass signal with the synth patches from my Roland GR-55, so I can put the bass through an envelope filter and have the synth patch on top of it, uneffected.

What do I need in order to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A mixer.

3. Exar Ibex, Boss LS-2, FEA 2CHMixer or any mini mixer by the fine folks at Rolls, Nady, or Behringer should do you.

4. Boss LS-2 will do this just fine and is the simplest solution. You're welcome. :)

5. Not if the synth is stereo.

6. True, although there is really no sense in using stereo patches unless you're going to go into two different amps for use in a stereo rig, in which case you don't want to combine all of the signals together anyway.

7. snogaws

snogaws

Oct 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. It turns out what I needed was an ABY Box. I got one today and it does exactly what I was looking for it to do!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021