1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combo 20wt tube or 2x10 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bighead Kid, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Bighead Kid

Bighead Kid

Jun 2, 2007
    So I need as new amp. I've been using a 10 watt practice amp. Must be under $300 preferably 250. At my local shop they have a highwatt 20 watt 10 inch speaker tube amp. I don't know the price yet. For 300 they have a fender rumble 100 watt 2x10. I play funk, jazz, blues, and a little rock. I am in a jam band. What should I buy or be looking at. (I also considered a galien krueger 150 watt head w/ 2x10 cab but it was too expensive.)

2. Sure that 20 watt 10 inch ain't a guitar combo? :)

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    according to the hiwatt page the custom 20 is a guitar combo. they DO NOT make bass combos. They do have a Custom 200 head for bass.

I'd suggest a combo with AT LEAST 100w and a 12" or 210 speakers

4. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1, seriously. Anything less, and you'll be instantly disappointed.

5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    What's the difference in tone between a 1x10 and a 2x10??? I've always been wondering. Are 2x10's punchier or something?

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Generally, more speakers = more ability to be loud.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021