combo & 4x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TooFunkToDrunk, Jan 28, 2002.

1. i have 150 watt randall combo with a 15 incher in it. I've found a really cheap acoustic 4x12 that I'm interested in. I was wondering if my current amp could power it, and how would it sound? Also, I am aware that if it can work, I should try to not let the amp clip, but would dist from a pedal be ok? any help is appreciated.
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    this is gonna be hard without seeing the actualy amp i think. Um on the back or front there might be a line out or extension speaker. If it has that then yes you could hook up that 4x12 to it. Is it a good idea, not really. It sounds like u have a guitar cab, not bass cab. Even if the watt handling on the cab is more than 150 u still might blow the speakers. Bass frequencies are alot lower than guitar, so the speaker shakes more, then it tears it. If its a 4x12 bass cab, then congrats cuz those rule. With 150 watts going to a 15 and 4 12's thats alot of speakers for that little power amp to handle too. I'd be careful, but it doesn't sound like a great idea to me.