1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

combo & 4x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TooFunkToDrunk, Jan 28, 2002.

1. i have 150 watt randall combo with a 15 incher in it. I've found a really cheap acoustic 4x12 that I'm interested in. I was wondering if my current amp could power it, and how would it sound? Also, I am aware that if it can work, I should try to not let the amp clip, but would dist from a pedal be ok? any help is appreciated.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    this is gonna be hard without seeing the actualy amp i think. Um on the back or front there might be a line out or extension speaker. If it has that then yes you could hook up that 4x12 to it. Is it a good idea, not really. It sounds like u have a guitar cab, not bass cab. Even if the watt handling on the cab is more than 150 u still might blow the speakers. Bass frequencies are alot lower than guitar, so the speaker shakes more, then it tears it. If its a 4x12 bass cab, then congrats cuz those rule. With 150 watts going to a 15 and 4 12's thats alot of speakers for that little power amp to handle too. I'd be careful, but it doesn't sound like a great idea to me.