Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combo advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bennito, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Hiya folks.

I'm currently in the process of selling my Yorkville 210 combo, and I want to replace it with something much smaller and lighter. The Yorkville weighs about 70lbs and is a real back breaker. I don't use it for gigs. Mostly just jamming and rehearsals and such. But it's such a pain to drag to different spaces.

So, I'm looking for advice on something much lighter, but just as loud. And cheap. I'm selling the Yorkville for $400 (CDN) and I don't want to go much over that.

I haven't begun going out to look at amps yet, but based solely on some internet research, I've considered the small GKs, as well as the Eden Nemesis 210 or 115.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any info on prices, please include that as well, as it is a factor in my decision.

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Check out 'the old homemade combo made new' thread. The Nemesis combo's do look tempting, but I haven't gotten to the big city to try them out yet. The reviews I've read sound promising though. The 15 would be my choice. I think they would give alot better low end, but thats a personal choice of course. Eden stuff is great!

3. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Cool, thanks.

Does anyone else know much about the Nemesis series?