1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combo Amp Choice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dyuaru, Nov 10, 2006.

1. dyuaru

dyuaru

Oct 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I've been playing bass for about a year on my starter bass and amp and I'm about to purchase a new bass right now and also a new amp. I was wondering whats the best combo amp choice for a slap/funk player for under $500. Versatility would also be good as I'll also occasionally be playing jazz at my school.

Thanks for the help.

2. Hartke Kickback 15. Even the 12 is very tight and focused.

3. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    If you can hold out, I'd suggest trying to track down a GK 2x10 combo on the used market.....

I sold a used but great sounding GK 400RBIV 2x10 combo to a guy for 300$cash (He was an aquaintance)...I admit that was a really good deal, but many people on this board can tell ya, there are good deals to be found if you can wait and look around...

(P.S. I submit this idea because my experience has been that GK makes a superior amp compared to Hartke,....and yes I have owned both)