1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combo AMP for a six string guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LowDown Hal, Mar 28, 2009.

1. I recently bought a six string to play around with. Now I'm looking for a combo for it.

What are you guys playing you guitars through? What do you like or dislike about your choice?

I have an American Standard Strat and am currently looking at the Fender Blues Jr. and/or the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue.

THANKS

2. I guess it depends on what you're playing and what you're planning on using it for.

If you're only going to be playing around the house, and you're not planning on making a whole lot of noise, it doesn't make sense to get something "big." I think a Deluxe would be great- but for that amp to sound how I'd want it to sound, it would have to be louder than "bedroom volume."

Personally, if I were to be getting an around the house amp, I'd be looking at one of those nifty little modeling amps. Decent sound at a decent volume.