1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combo Amp Into A Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ddarrell2, Jan 12, 2020.

1. ddarrell2

ddarrell2

Nov 25, 2017
    I have a Fender Rumble 200 combo (15”) and a 210 Rumble cabinet (2x10”). The rig is fine now, but since I’m always wondering about the next gear I’m considering how I might mod the amp to use it as a combo amp or a 15” cab.

Could I just add a switch from the input signal to either go to A. the amp (and then the speaker), or B. the speaker directly bypassing the amp?

I saw some videos on YouTube, but wasn’t impressed so I’m open to other suggestions. Thanks!

Giffro likes this.
  2. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Have you checked out the Wiki Rumble pages administered by @G-Dog compiled from Rumble owners? You may find some answers and interesting Rumble info there...link below.
    Fender Rumble Club Wiki Page | TalkBass.com

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Yeah, darrell, it's definitely a modification, so be sure the warranty has run out before doing this. See the Modifications section of the Rumble Club Wiki, page linked in my signature, for links to "separating a combo amp and speaker. Several have done it.

Also, drop by The Rumble Club and show us photo and get a club number.

ddarrell2 and Giffro like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 25, 2021