Combo Amp peavey or GK?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rhcp17, Jul 23, 2002.

1. rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    I am undecided wether or not i should get a new bass or amp. Right now im looking at amps, so ill get to the point. As of now i have just over 500 dollars to spend, and was looking at the peavey tnt 115. looks pretty good. Its about 500 bucks, but then theres the gk combo anp, wich is pretty much the sam, 150 watts, but its gk, and about 200 dollars more. Not cool. Names dont mean too much to me, so what i wanna know will the peavey do the job. I play in basically a garage band, and just need a little bit of power. so is the peavey any good?
  2. aceofbass88

Jul 23, 2002
    The Peavy Should be good enough for your needs, although 15 speakers dont project sound very well, look into maybe something with 10 inch drivers. Maybe an SWR Workingman's 10 or 12.
  3. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Look into a Carvin PB200-15 it's 400 bucks and 160 watts. Very nice amp. Go to for more info.
  4. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    i have to say i once played through an older peavey TNT 1-15" combo and it had incredible sound.. i was very impressed.. quite loud too.. cant remember what the wattage was tho.. i think it was a TNT 160.. i liked it alot better than the workingmans 15" combo.. deep warm low while at the same time crisp cutting mids and clean highs.. kindof growls at you! ...i'm still looking for that same sound in a head/cab config..

just a thought (figured you may wanna check one out as they go for pretty cheap used)