1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Combo amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stu hamm rules!, Aug 4, 2002.

  1. I own a carlsbro bassline 50, and as i may be gigging soon am considering upgrading it. My guitarist has a 50W amp also, so i think i will need 200W.

    Is it possible to plug a cabinet into it to make it louder (there is a socket called Aux: out)?

    or should i sell it and buy a 200W combo?
  2. Captain Awesome

    Captain Awesome

    Apr 2, 2001
    I'm thinking an Aux: out would be the same thing as a line out/preamp out, in other words, not able to drive a cabinet. If you want more volume you'll need to get a new amp.
  3. ok, i think ur right, thanks.
  4. No. You can't plug a speaker directly into an Aux socket. If it's an output you could probably plug a slave into the socket and drive another speaker with it.

    In a kind of a way I do something similar with a vintage Laney 50 Watt valve amp, a 240 Watt slave and a 1 x 15" cab. It works a treat.

  5. it may sound stupid, but what is a slave?
  6. Eric Cioe

    Eric Cioe

    Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i think he is saying a slave is a power amp... right?

Share This Page