Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combo amp reccomendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by subsonic87, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Hey guys, I was wondering about maybe replacing my Laney RS-1 combo. It's a good amp, but doesn't quite handle the low B on my new bass like it could, and completely precludes low F#s and downtuned Bs. I really hate to post one of these newbie-type "Pick my __________ for me" threads, but I just wanted to know if there are any reccomendations. I'd like a smallish combo (portable, as I will have to drag it around to college), that has a good low sound and is not too expensive (>$400 maybe). Just a trial balloon...

2. Hi Subsonic,
    I've had a warwick CL for about 6 or 7 years now - very nice (and LOUD for its size and power output) little combo.
    I believe they're fairly cheap in the states, if you can find one second hand. Maybe go for the CCL for more power?
    I'm upgrading to a Pre/Power amp setup, but I'll probably keep my little warwick - its just a sweet little combo.
    Mine looks just like the CL-Neodyn, except all black - check 'em out.
    Good Luck,
    smo

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Ampeg B100R-- classic tone, classic look. Oh, and it kicks major ass. :cool: