1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combo amp w/2 channels?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dlargent, Sep 14, 2010.

1. dlargent

dlargent

Aug 7, 2003
    Carrboro, NC
    I want to buy an amp where I can plug 2 basses in and control the volume and tone of each one.

Mainly for teaching - so a student and I can both plug in. An amp with two inputs, but only one volume, doesn't work for me because one bass is always way louder than the other.

Also, I'd like to use it for gigs where I double on upright and electric. So it would be nice if the amp sounds decent.

I was thinking about one of the Polytones with multiple channels, such as the Sonic Bass II or Taurus. Any thoughts on this, or other suggestions?

Thanks!

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    When I needed similar functionality, I used the EA Micro head and a small cabinet. I liked that a lot! Sure it's no conb but the head and cables will fit in the pocket of my gig bag so it was effectively the same carry...

3. BigDaddyO

BigDaddyO Rockin' Ruben

Sep 23, 2007
    Phil Jones Bass Cub

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    AI Ten2

5. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    PJB Suitcase

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    For teaching and saving your hard earned cash, how about using the volume controls on each bass and a "y" cord?

Here's a pre-amp/vol/eq/splitter/d.i. foot-pedal that you can use with any rig you might want to check out: Tonebone Bassbone

Or the Sansamp Bass DI Deluxe is available.

7. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    A couple of buffered effects pedals to impedance match two basses into a home stereo?

8. Tim Skaggs

Tim Skaggs

Sep 28, 2002
    Back in the summer I played through Peavey keyboard amp at a private party & I was surprised how good it sounded. It was no SVT, but it was something like 300 watts into a single 15 and a horn. It had three input channels, a couple of which had a low impedance input jacks. The downside is limited tone controls, but it's an option at a reasonable price.

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    The new Peavey KB amps look pretty good and are reasonable. Now with 4 or 5 channels, 75 to 150 watts with extension speaker. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--PEVKB4

You might want to post this question on the DB side of TB.

10. dlargent

dlargent

Aug 7, 2003
    Carrboro, NC
    Looks like an old, used Peavey KB100 can be bought for next to nothing...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021