Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combo Amps - Ashdown ABM500 or Eden Metro????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fachie3, Dec 3, 2001.

1. fachie3

fachie3

Nov 12, 2001
    Chicago IL.
    Hello all,

I could use your input on this subject.
    I am looking to get a combo amp that would be much easier to drag around then my current config. Rack - 1x15 2x10. Even though my config I have is a small config - I would like something that would take me 1 trip from the car to the gig. I done my time dragging subs around and I wanted to get your thoughts on 2 combos amps that I have narrowed it down to.
    I play Rock in roll, classics, top forty's you name it.
    Choice 1 is Ashdowns ABM500 w1x15
    Choice 2 is Eden Metro with the 2x10

Now I have played the Ashdown and really liked the sound - for those who have tried the Eden is it as good or better??
    I like Eden - I own the WT800 and it works fine.
    Also if I wanted to add a cabinet to the combo which one sounds better with an extra cab. I appreciate any input you have regarding this.

Thanks for your replies.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Adding a D210XLT to your WT would probably be a more cost effective solution than a Metro.

Compared to the Ashdown 15? Two different sounds.

BTW one trip load-ins can be accomplished with a good handcart. Here's what I use, a Commander 600 (older model, had it since the early 80's) with 300lb. capacity:

Kart-a-bag

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Since you are looking at loud combo amps, you owe it to yourself to check out the Peavey BAM. I still haven't found one to demo, but based on what Brad said, I would probably like it more than my Metro.

4. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    dont forget the SWR combos.