Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combo for practicing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thepatrik, Jun 30, 2005.

1. thepatrik

thepatrik

Dec 10, 2004
  2. Westy

Westy

Jun 9, 2005
    Ireland
    I'm also looking for a wee combo myself.

The options are:

Behringer BX300;
    Warwick Blue Cab 30
    or there's a Roland Cube 30.

All generally around the same price, and I'll hopefully get playing them tomorrow, but if anyones had any firsthand experience of these, then any adive would be great.

Thanks

3. I had a Trace Elliot Boxer 30, 30w 1x10" for a while, very nice and compact... An ex of mine had a 100w Commando 15, 1x15". Both rather nice. Its a little bigger in power terms but a BLX series might be suggested, I've used a 130w SM BLX model with a horn and also a BLXSMC, 150w with horn. All BLX models are a single 10 in a bandpass enclosure.

4. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I'm using one of the older Ashdown Electric Blue 130-12 combos and the thing just keeps amazing me with the power and tone control. I never thought I'd be saying that it blows my old GK MB150S out of the water, but it does. I've been using it on club dates and the thing overachieves.

For bedroom practice I really like the Danelectro Nifty 70.

5. I've had the Roland Cube 30 now for just over 2 years and I think it is an amazing practice combo. The amp modeling allows quick access to a number of distinctly different tones, and for being only 30 watts this thing is pretty loud. The built in effects are OK, good if you want to just fool around to figure out what you might want with effects later, although the compression is pretty good, better than the other effects in my opinion.