1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Combo Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lingering1, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I am currently looking for a practice combo amp. I normally use a Genz-Benz 250c 115t to give you a sound reference. I will be playing with a medium hitting drummer & guitarist with 100 watt 2x12 combo. We will not be trying to max out the volume or I would just bring the Genz. I am looking at 3 options:

Line 6 LowDown 150
    Fender Bassman 150
    SWR WorkingPro 112

Any thoughts on tone, volume, toughness, ect. would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    I went through the same delema a while back. All 3 are nice amps and each brings something different to the table. I ended up with the fender, it just seamed to give me "the" tone with my particular bass. I got lucky and was able to A/B them at the same time. I recommend try them with YOUR bass and trust your ears.
    hope this helps...smogg

3. i have allways heard you should at least double the guitarists amp power so get a 200 W. it will also give you more tonespace

4. I had purchased an Ashdown Electric Blue 12-180 from MF for $250, but then got a notice saying it had been backordered and was now discontinued and not to look forward to getting one. I then narrowed it to the three listed above. I tried the Line 6 and while it is a good amp, the new modeling stuff is not my trip. If I was 15 again and found it under the X-mas tree I would be in love, but today I need more real time sound adjustment. The SWR is also a nice amp. I've never loved the SWR sound, but never hated it either. This amp is no different. Which bring us to the Fender. I love this amp!! It just ended up having everything I needed and tone and booty to boot!! Mine should ship today, so I'll give a more thorough review after I thump it a bit :bassist:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021