Combo Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Jan 11, 2004.

1. I have a SWR Workingman's 15 combo that I'm trying to use with my Sansamp Bass Driver DI. According to the Sansamp manual I should be able to plug the output into the effects return on my combo. That should bypass the SWR preamp and allow me to use the Sansamp as a pre and the SWR as just a poweramp. When I do this I get some distortion when playing hard. I've tried lowering the gain on the Sansamp, as well as the bass control. The overdrive is all the way down on the Sansamp. Any ideas? I was hoping to have the best of both worlds with this gear. Super modern tone with the SWR and good tube sounds from the Sans.
  2. kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    From a quick glance at the owner's manual, it looks as if the master volume control is still in the circuit. If it is turned down low while thr Sansamp is up high, that might overdrive the next stage in the SWR and cause what you describe.
  3. Is it possible that the SansAmp is being over-driven with active bass preamp? My active bass can distort my SansAmp RBI. This happens when the bass preamp volume is turned up all the way and I play hard or slap. Do you have a passive bass to check this senario out?