Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combo question Ampeg BA500 or Ashdown C410T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by idrawbert, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Ok, I went to guitar center today looking for a nice setup with aobut $750 max price range.

I tried out an Ampeg BA-210SP (bass was a Fender American Std. Jazz) and really liked the growly sound of it. It wasn't as punchy as I would've liked and a bit lackin in the lows. So I decided I'd turn it up a bit. Which is when I realized that the volume was already at 9. I decided that it just wasn't loud enough. So I probably won't be purchasing the BA-210.

The salesman, suggested that I try out the BA500. I was amazed at how much louder it was. A whole lotta punch and decent low end. It didn't sound as growly but it had a lot more volume which was a plus. But at $1000 it was a bit out of my price range.

My question is this. I've seen alot posted about Ashdown. And was wondering what people thought about the Ashdown C210T or the C410T combos? I could afford one of these, but I've never heard them and I'm a bit hesitant about buying something I've never heard. Can anyone describe how they sound compared to an Ampeg BA-210 or compared to maybe a BA500? How loud would they be compared to the ampegs?

Also, I don't think the avatar speakers setup is an option for me. Since, in order to afford, I'd probably do a 12 month same as cash payment plan.

Any suggestions grreatly appreciated.

Thanks