Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Combo question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dreadhead, May 31, 2002.

1. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello there TBers, I would have some questions for you.
    I'm going to spend all my money for a bass... yeah, it's expensive! :)
    I already have a great Demeter preamp, but I need a wiring transformer to use it here in Italy, so I must take it and the 30kg transformer to my gigs and practices. Before spending big bucks to get a huge power amp and a big and heavy cab, I wanted to know if there's any small combo with an hi-fi sound and a good sensitivity/power. I obviously don't want to spend too much for it... thanx to every TBers, and keep it slapping! :D

P.S. What about the Ashdown 1x10", the SWR Baby Blue and the various WMs series? I saw that Hartke little combos are cheap too, but I fear that the aluminium cone isn't hi-fi at all... ;)

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    euphonic audio makes a single 10 combo that has 350 watts. it is expensive though. the baby blue has been said to have the greatest preamp for recording of all time & that it allows for the truest sound. i've played it and it sounds great but it is not very loud. those hartke alum's sound like crap IME/HO. i have had very bad luck with the 2 I owned.