Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

combo search help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by keltik, Sep 13, 2004.

1. keltik

keltik

Aug 17, 2004
    NC
    okay a bit of background info first
    basses:
    MIM jazz 4/fretted/flats
    Pbass copy 4/fretted/rounds/standard D tuned

styles:
    indie rock, metal, jazz (attempting)

now why i started this thread:
    i hate my amp....it's a 50w tone deaf p.o.s. w/ a 6 or 8" driver :( .....i'm looking for a combo that won't max out a credit card and is loud enough for me and the drummer to hear.....i've been hearing good things about Yorkville especially the price.....the problem is no music store within 100 miles of where i live carries Yorkville amps for me to try out.....now my question is should i take the chance of ordering one on the internet from say musician's friend etc. or should i pay the extra $200 and buy whatever's equivocal at my local music store??? :help:

also is 100W enough? 200?

2. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Try a GK 400 RB combo. I played one the other day and it was LOUD for a 280 watt 2-10 combo. Guitar Center should work with you on price.... I think $650 new will get it out the door. Yorkville I have never played. However I have read that for the money they are a good buy. IMHO dont ever buy with out hearing what your buying. I have been burned on this one more times then I care to admit.... :bawl: