1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Combos to replace a Ampeg BA115HP.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by r05c03, May 12, 2006.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    I am thinking about selling my Ampeg BA115HP and buying a different combo. Selling and buying equipment helps me deal with GAS and not get me killed by my wife.. I am wanting to get something of at least the same wattage (200) or more. I am also wanting maximal versatility and good sound. I want to spend about what I could get for the Ampeg (about $500). Can you all give me some suggestions.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Yorkville XM200 combo in either the 2-10 or 1-15. New for probably less than $500 in the USA. Much more headroom than many other combos that size and power and it's reliable and has a great warranty. By itself, without an extension cabinet it can handle many rooms that similar combos can't. i used one live for a year and only traded it when I got a great deal on a Mesa Walkabout Scout.

3. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    What's wrong with the Ampeg?

4. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Nothing. I like it, it sounds good. But there is a lot of great equipment out there that I have never tried, and I like to switch stuff out and try new stuff.

5. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    Hughes&Kettner Quantum 310 is fantastic, it has a tube, weighs nothing, has 250 watts and sounds incredible. But I don't know how much it costs in the USA.