Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

combos with speaker output

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, May 27, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    in the next future i'll need a combo ampo to gig in small club. i like a lot the sound of the ampeg b100 r and this combo is my start for a good search in the combo amp market. i'd like to know if there are amps similar to the b 100r but with a speaker output to use with an additional cabinet rated at 8 ohm. do you know something more about the ebs combos? thanks
    marco

2. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

Don't have much experience with Ampeg or EBS, but Eden makes several combos (the CXC series) with 400 watts which have a second speaker cabinet jack. I just bought the CXC-1015 C4. Lots of power, great EQ, effects loop, tuner output, DI out (with level control), and lots more. A little expensive, but I think well worth it. Also, check out Carvin's RC210 or Cyclops combos. A little less cash, but would work for your needs. Good luck!

3. The B-3 I used to practise with has a cabinet output. Great combo. Loud, Light, Ampeg. Says 'nuff.

4. hammong

hammong

Apr 11, 2001
    Sparks, Maryland
    The Gallien-Krueger 1001RB/210 or /115 combos are really nice. I have the /210 and it has more than enough extra power to handle the 2x10 in the combo plus my Peavey 18" black-widow externally. The 1001RB amp that's in the combo is identical to the stand-alone 1001RB. It has both 1/4" phono jack for external cabinet, as well as Neutrik Speakon with 4-pole connector to bi-amp an external cabinet.

Greg

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    EBS combos don't have speaker output jacks. As much as I love them, I see this as a design flaw and think it's plain stupid.

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Carvin 2X10 Cyclops combo thingamajig. I think [i might be wrong] that it can bi amp down to like 300 watts into 2 ohms per side. [R600 head = 600 watts into 4ohms full range bridge, 300 watts into 2 ohms per side bi amped]. This with a 18 is what i plan on purchasing for marching band. thats all